Sunday, May 11, 2008

Is there a sport this child WILL NOT try?!

Sabrina has been seeing this sign for a couple weeks. And finally the day arrived.


We live right around the block from the Lawn Bowling place and have never taken the opportunity to find out how to play. So Sabrina suggested we go to the open house and try it out. Seriously, that kid is always up for some kind of sport. It was actually pretty fun...but the lawn bowling "experts" are very serious about their sport! And I'm pretty sure you have to be over the age of 70 to truely have a chance at playing. We were definately the youngest people there by about 40 years!!! Anyways, here's a few pictures of our experience.

I'm not quite sure what Gian is doing here...but he had to help the old guy do something like set up the bowls or something like that.
Ya, and I guess I got a lot of pictures of our backsides.
Not a flattering picture...but proof that I did, in fact, try something new.
Tabitha had no part of it. She just buried her feet in the sand by the bowling lawn. Whatever kept her occupied. All in all it was fun and something new....but I guess we'll wait to take up the sport in another 45-50 years.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

OK so I have been dying to get over there myself and give lawn bowling a try! If only I had known you'd be there!! It looks like you had a great time!