Wednesday, October 28, 2009

California Utah Women Boutique and Luncheon



I went with these 3 great women (my mom, Tiff, and Melissa) to CUW Boutique and Luncheon. This is a great day out that only happens twice a year (spring and fall). We get up early (7-8 a.m.-ish) and head over to the Disneyland Hotel to browse and shop at a wonderful boutique. It never fails that I come home with some terrific goodies!
Then we rest our feet and enjoy some fun conversation while we wait to go to the luncheon. The lunch is always delish...and this one did not disappoint. The Butternut Squash soup was fab...and I loved the yummy chicken. While we eat they always have a raffle for some great door prizes and this time I WON!!! I got a darling apron, some dishtowels and $25 gift card to Olive Garden. Woohoo!
The entertainment was Michael Ballam. He did a tribute to Broadway. He made me laugh, cry and really contemplate some things! Outstanding.
I love CUW...I love going with my mom and Tiff and friends every year (missed you lots Natalie)....I can't wait until March 20, 2010 for another fun day out.

If you are interested in going, contact me for tickets. I forgot to add that all the proceeds go to a great organization called Ettie Lee Homes for Boys...a wonderful cause.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Wow, you won!! I guess I'm a bad luck charm. Wish I was there anyway.
Missing all things home.

Cari said...

That sounds like a perfect way to spend the day! I love how you and "the girls" always take time to be together.

pati-Sue said...

I agree that it is a fun day out with family girls and friends. I'm especially looking forward to Mary Ellen Edmonds speaking--she is so witty! Thanks for being the arranger. Mom