Sunday, June 8, 2008

An Afternoon in the Temple with Julie

I was extremely excited to get a phone call from my long-time friend, Julie, letting me know that she was going to the temple for her own endowments. What a wonderful occasion! She has had many trials in her life and getting to the temple has been a challenge for her. I was so happy to get the invitation to join her at the Newport Beach Temple.

This is the group picture after the session. Julie is in the middle with the white sweater and white and red flower dress. I'm the fat one on the end....geez, I am totally using this picture for my "before I lost weight" picture!
Me and Julie.

What a wonderful experience! It's been so long since I've had the chance to attend the temple (so hard to go with 3 kids). After all the struggles I had last week (see post below) it was such a blessing to partake in the peacefulness of the temple. I am anxious to go again. I am especially happy for Julie!

3 comments:

ashcraft8 said...

Glad you were able to attend the temple especially to support a friend. It's a wonderful pick me up during our crazy lives.

Betsy said...

She looks familiar to me... post her name on my blog, if you wouldn't mind! :)

Deon said...

I miss the Newport temple!!! I love it! I am sure it was really nice to be able to go and support your friend!