Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Lessons

I learned some of most interesting things today. Let me share some with you.

I learned that not everyone likes me...and that's okay. It's the people that accept me for my faults and still love me for who I am that matter the most.

That I go to church to grow spiritually, not necessarily to socialize....and that's okay. It's more important to be closer to my Heavenly Father than it is to be "in the know".

I learned some interesting facts about Fasting that I did not know. (Click on the the word Fasting and see what our lesson was about.)

I learned that I can learn a lot from my kids. This kid (Tabitha) in particular:Tonight, with all 15 of us around the dinner table, she decided to take control of the conversation and go around to each person and say, very specifically, what she loved most about them. I watched as she thoughtfully expressed what she saw as each persons best qualities are. I also watched each persons face light up and a smile come to their face. She taught me that every person needs to hear that they are important and that they matter. Every one needs to know that they are respected and loved. Not only do they need to know that, but they should know specifically why. Wouldn't we live in a better world if we were able to say something positive about everyone we come in touch with?

These are some of the things that I learned on this Sabbath day. What did you learn??

2 comments:

Jenny said...

What a sweet girl!! I recently read that about fasting because, um, fasting is NOT my favorite and I needed a little help. And who in the world wouldn't like you? I sure do!

Trisha said...

Missed seeing you gals at the park today...this pregnancy is kicking my butt and I'm not doing much of anything these days. Hope to get out and see u all soon!